20689: Laleau: Re: 20680: (Chamberlain) Alarm at Haiti PM's 'unholy alliance' with rebels... (fwd)

From: NLaleau@aol.com

This is awful. There shouldn't be impunity for ANYBODY--cannibal army,
chimeres, nobody at all. Murder and larceny need to be tried and judged in courts of
law, no matter what the political coloration of the perpetrators. I find it
hard to believe that Gerard LaTortue could have been as naive as Jimmy Carter
was when Jimmy, on international TV, congratulated General and Madame Cedras
for being such great folks... Even though perhaps Jimmy was just trying to
butter up the Cedras's who were being bought out to the tune of millions of dollars
in "rent" for their stolen properties, etc., it still hurt like hell to watch
that on TV in 1994 while I was living in the middle of the night-riders,
along with widows and children of victims of the assaults, rapes, and murders. So
now the new interim president congratulates General Cedras's former troops
and FRAPHists... going right along. --nancy laleau