20805: Pierre Louis; Poor Haiti (fwd)

From: "[iso-8859-1] Bébé Pierre Louis " <moibibi8@hotmail.com>

I must confess how tired I'm with so many one-sided posts against the
removal of our ex-president that I began deleting them all.

I'm equally tired about some of the so-called independent media, here,
claiming victory!

In my own vision, no one is a victor. We are in a covert war. Insecurity,
hunger, blackouts, hopelessness are still the lot of the majority of us all.
We watch bewildered the "situation develop" without seeing any real
development… The spring rains have started, the roads are full of trash,
stones and water making it as difficult as ever to go around…

It seems that in spite of all these beautifully inspired rhetoric, once
again we are on the wrong path. Great nations are fighting to get contracts
for “the reconstruction of Haiti” where there was hardly anything to be
destroyed… Locals are fighting for privileges and positions where they will
be able to continue their lucrative corruption business… NGO are fighting
for another very lucrative business, so called “humanitarian” and nobody
really cares about the one who doesn't get anything at all and pays for it
all: the great majority of Haitians.

I maintain: Altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi (The deepest rivers
flow with the least sound.) since I want to keep hoping.

Bébé PL

.