20840: kakadjab: Re: 20775: Simidor: Panel discussion on Haiti this Friday in NYC (fwd (fwd)

From: Kakadjab@aol.com

>U.S. INTERVENTION AND THE FIGHT FOR RADICAL CHANGE IN HAITI.

>The criminal U.S.-led military intervention in Haiti is a continuation of
200 years of >neo-colonialism. This is the third U.S. occupation. The other two,
no less criminal, >were under Democratic Party presidents. Despite Washington’
s support to every >dictator in Haitian history the U.S. intervened each time
in the name of “democracy

While Haitians were fighting (blah blah blah, which is what we do best) the
US, France and Canada were agreeing on to humiliate Haiti once more while the
country is commemorating its 200th birthday.  Now that Aristide's gone (he also
played his part so well as he created his own brand of Tonton Macoutes and
had no clue about his role as president, among other stupid stuff he did or did
not do ), all those who were clamoring for his quick ouster are finally
realizing that they were mere low level players (supporting actors) in this Haitian
tragedy.  Surprise!  One of the lead actors,
France's De Villepin will be visiting his newest colony April 1, 2004.
April Fool? You bet.
We Haitians are the fools.  Naaaah,  The Comedians.  Graham Greene where are
you?
Last week, opposition stalwart Misha Gaillard was expressing his
disappointment on his group not being part of the current "government" on New York based
Radio Lakay.  Said he, "I guess after getting rid of Aristide, we will have to
take it into the streets again."  We do much better as part of the opposition.
We are Haitians, the eternal opponents.
(To the panel organizers)
Anything in the program on the subject of the 1987 Haitian constitution?
All right, we know... what constitution? Who cares? We Haitians are incapable
of following our own rules... in Haiti.  Thank God we are very good law
abiding citizens while in the Diaspora. We all would otherwise be in jail.

More panels to come.  At least we'll have something to do for the next 10
years.
Maybe our great thinkers who were so obsessed with Aristide have now a
conceptive plan and the means of implementing it. Please do not waste anymore time
telling us of Aristide shortcomings as they are many.

We Haitians are always against something or somebody.  Maybe our great
thinkers are finally FOR something.
As far as I'm concerned, Vive l'occupation Americano-Francaise!  Really.

D.C.