20959: Esser: Re: 20922: Haitiarise: More report from St. Marc (fwd)

From: D. Esser torx@joimail.com

So Jean Tatoune is exited about wheelbarrows, isn't that touching! I
just wonder what that means to the relatives of people that Jean Pierre
Baptiste, alias "Jean Tatoune" had killed, he was convicted and sent to
prison from which he was forcibly freed, for the 1994 Raboteau
massacre. I hope you find the time to look into this matter, it
certainly makes all the wheelbarrows in the world seem insignificant!

You write: "Another busy day as the tides of Haiti are turning
towards a truly free nation", what an admirable optimism in
conjunction with writing about Jean Tatoune. I guess "truly free"
stands for truly free of justice and full with impunity. Amnesty
International issued a statement concerning the presence of Tatoune
and his comrades stating: "The Haitian authorities must do everything
in their power to arrest these individuals, who have both already
been convicted of serious violations," There's such a thing as guilt
by association, I hope all those happy wheelbarrow pushers pause for a
moment to think about that. I am wondering to which heights Haiti may
rise in this mixture of criminality and garden tools...
You may get more than you bargained for!

Haiti's problems are surely not rooted in it's belief systems. This
attitude I find personally repulsive, or a least severely lacking in
analysis. May I ask: has Mr. "Tatoune" shared his beliefs on the
subject?

"Haitiarise" wrote:
WOW! Isn't that great news! Jean Tatoune was one of two of the key
leaders that led the revolt that took control of Gonaives that led
later to the resignation of Jean Bernard Aristide. He has put down
his gun and is picking up a shovel! We must re-enforce this kind of
positive action along with all the additional things happening in St.
Marc. What city will be next? God is beginning something deep in this
land and the results are being seen spiritually and physically.

Terry