20993: Manning: RE: 20953: Mason Re 20946 Vishnusurf: Re Haiti's Spiritual & Social Needs (fwd)

From: VenusKarly Manning <venuskarly@hotmail.com>

Earlier posters made responses and I agree. (Please refer to the bottom of
my post. ) However, I want to add.

Very few individuals can tell another that they there spirituality is
lacking.  In fact history has taught us that Haiti has an over abundance of
spirituality or they wouldn't never had made it out of slavery which was
sponsored by Christianity, written into the history by Papal Bulls stating
that it was okay to civilize the savages through enslaves.   Because it did
not matter what happened to then in this life they would be saved.   How
self-righteous and condescending.  Sell this form of mental enslavement to
someone else.

I believe that Spirituality and Religion are private and personal. In the in
judgment of these matters will not be by Haitians or missionaries but in a
private court between a Higher power and the individuals.  Those who truly
understand this know that they can never impose there beliefs on others,
rather to assist Haitians; is to teach them to be independent, work in
community, and assist others and building a better. This including better
schools and providing them with jobs that allow them to support their
families; allowing them to invest in their society.

Haitians problems are one of constant interferes from small minding people
and countries who believe that they know what is best for Haiti without;
living, breathing, or understanding the complexities of being Haitian,
Black, and the being the first Black Nation to gain its independent.  (My
apologizes for those who hate excuses and references to Haiti slave past.)
However, the truth can not be erased or sidestepped because it is it Haiti’s
mirror.  Otherwise they wouldn't be looking behind themselves, or the fortes
on many of the hilltops would not have been  built.  Haitians aspect to be
attacked and history has not proved us wrong so far.    Therefore, Haiti and
Haitians other problem is that they live from situation to
situation, cutting down the trees to make some money in the charcoal market.
“Today we eat, but tomorrow we”....  Fill in the blanks.

Vodou is the reason for Haiti's problem.   To love Haiti is to understand
her and

If Haiti is to work then work on providing Haitian with alternative
forms of electricity, reforestation, grass roots industries, cottage crafts,
finding a niche product that Haitians can provide for the so called First
world.   Haitians are a smart people, like what they have done with all the
second hand clothing that have come into Haiti.  Moreover, think about the
products you send to Haiti, yeah they help from situation to situation, but
do they in the long run hurt or harm the environment because last time I
checked unlike the US or Europe, Haiti does have huge landfills or
incinerators.  I know that most of the individuals who try to help Haiti
don't have much money or rely on donations but think about it.  Candy taste
good but teeth rot and then one has to go to the dentist and pay to remove
those teeth.

Finally in reference to "I heard news from the north that there was some
very significant voodoo  trees, that were located in the same area where the
original sacrifice was  made by  Boukman, that have just recently be blown
down. They have been uprooted and  they are saying there is a strong
s[e]n[s]e that this is prophetic in what  is  happening right now in the
spiritual aspects of the nation. We are being  directed by God to root out
the things that are ungodly in this nation through repentance of sins that
have happened since the foundations of this nation and continue to be seen
today by this generation."

--- The spirituality or the lack of spiritually which is refered to is
Vodou.   The trees which are prophetically falling are because of
deforestation in Haiti resulted in soil erosion hence the trees being
uprooted. However, the roots of the ancient trees need no soil...when they
live in the hearts and conscious or unconsciousness of the people waiting to
be claiming.