21168: Marina: ANALYSIS OF ASSETS & THEIR SOURCE - HAITI & GOVERNMENT (fwd)

From: Marina <marinawus@yahoo.com>

To All:

ANALYSIS of MR. ARISTIDE'S ASSETS & THEIR SOURCE

There are people on this list that seem to been well
connected on one side or another of the issue.

Let us state a couple of facts:

1-The Constitution requires that the president, PM and
all members of the government declare the assets that
are in their possession at the beginning and at the
end of their mandate.

2-In the case of former president Aristide and his
Prime Ministers, how many times was that done?

3-Can someone on this list come up with such a list
for 1991, 1994, 2000 for at least the President and
all the prime Ministers during that period.

4-There are people who are stating that there is no
proof of the accumulation of millions of dollars by
the former president and his entourage. Fine. Where
are they getting money to pay for legal fees?
chartered planes? Their stay in Jamaica? All the
lobbying that is taking place. The President salary
and expenses should be easy to account for.

5-I refuse to speculate, but I believe that the
Haitian people are entitled to an explanation of
purchases made by many people part of the entourage of
the former president as well as Mr. Aristide himself
as well as his family members. There is nothing wrong
with asking questions and wanting to know how this
accumulation was possible in such a poor country.

Furthermore, we are entitled to ask questions when we
knw the sums of money given by the International
community, particularly Taiwan as well as well-to-do
people in the diaspora at large. The former President
and former government employees OWE the HAITIAN PEOPLE
an explanation on all assets that are not justified by
their salaries and cannot be explained.

Marina