21338: Florestal sympathizes with Goodman Re:#21317 Farmer (fwd)

From: Jean-Marie Florestal <sonice1953@yahoo.com>

Brian Goodman <bdgoody2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   I don't know which
is worse, listening
to the
left wing media...such as NPR ....or reading articles
that have nothing
but
rhetoric in them.  I am glad to learn from my friends
in Haiti, that it is
finally starting to quell down.  That's obvious
because the emails have
slowed
down.  Haiti will be fine."

We would all learn something new if Mr. Goodman found
some historical factual errors and let us know about
them, in Farmer's attempt at providing historical
perspective to recent events in Haiti. Whether or not
you agree with Farmer's viewpoint on the politics of
recent events in Haiti, I found the presentation and
the quality of historical facts he presented very
informative. Although he is not a historian, his
attempt was very laudable in terms of structure,
support for his comments and the consistency of some
historical facts he reported with what I learned and
lived in Haiti from the 1950s to the 1980s. We
sometimes wished history was different and sometimes
tried to rewrite it. From that standpoint, I
sympathize with Goodman's lament.Thank God for LABELS!

Jean-Marie