21378: Dotie: "Re: Violence on both sides" (fwd)

From: Dotie Joseph <essentielle@yahoo.com>

Thanks for your comments about being "objective," at
least that's what I hope you were trying to say. I
really wish you had taken the time to read my email
(which was a forward by some attorney that I don't
know asking for some help) before replying to me in
private. Since I like an "open forum," I hope you do
not mind me responding in public.

You are right, people are dying on both sides. And if
you setp back for one hot second, you'd realize that
Haitian people are suffering from both sides. I can
sit at my computer and argue with you all day about
the "politics" of Haiti but at the end of the asylum
application process, that's not going to save anyone
from either side from whatever fate awaits them. To
tell you the truth, I'm ambivalent about the current
political conditions in my country, so m'ap relax tet
mwen e m'ap suveye (because there's a whole lot more
than meets the eye). However, I am very CLEAR about my
responsibility to helping those that I can right
now--and if this attorney is helping my people while
other discuss politics, then I'm helping her however I
can.

La Pe Ave-W,
Dotie