21497: (Hermantin) From a Legacy of Freedom to an Explosion of Culture in Fort Lauderdale

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

                                  A.C.T.I.O.N. Foundation

                                              Presents

                 "From a Legacy of Freedom to an Explosion of Culture"
                    Haiti 1804 - 2004: Commemorating the Revolution

                        Fort Lauderdale, May 1 - May 31, 2004

Throughout the month of May, Broward will host vibrant artistic and cultural
events organized around the Bicentennial of Haiti's independence. Initiated
by A.C.T.I.O.N. Foundation, this series will underscore that in good or hard
times the very essence of the Haitian people, which carries its creativity
and determination, shows flamboyantly in its Art and Culture.

May 1 kicks off this month-long cultural series with a one of a kind Art
exhibit:
"An Artistic Tale of the Haitian Struggle ", an Art in motion installation
by renowned Haitian Master TIGA (Jean-Claude Garoute), creator of the 'Saint
Soleil', 'Poto-Mitan' and 'Soleil Brűlé' Schools of art.
This event will take place at the Museum of Art, Fort Lauderdale, One East
Las Olas Blvd, from 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M.
(Rain check: May 8, 7:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.)

This art-in-motion exhibit is a must see for any art lovers or art critics.
Visual art, art wear, poetry, Rasin music by Ayabonmbe, culinary art by chef
Cecile will fuse to reveal the Haitian soul. This avant-garde exhibit will
last only two hours. Only one third of this exhibit will be showing at the
Museum of Art until May 31. Admission to May 1 opening is $50.00 and tickets
are available at the Museum of Art, Fort Lauderdale, One East Las Olas
Boulevard.

TIGA, one of the most celebrated Haitian artists for his work and teachings,
has created famous art schools and museums and has paved the way for several
well-known artists. Among them is the Saint-Soleil Movement, much praised by
famous French writer and art critic Andre Malraux.

Presented in partnership with the Museum of Art, Fort Lauderdale,
Co-sponsored by A.C.T.I.O.N. Foundation, Broward County, City of Fort
Lauderdale, Sun-Sentinel, Publix, Alamo, National, Pioneer Auto Care,
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of
Cultural Affairs,
the Florida Art Council, and the National Endowment for the Arts.

We'll keep you posted for further programs (all upcoming events are
admission free).

Regards,

Karl Eric Boucicaut
A.C.T.I.O.N. Foundation Inc