21606: Allouard: Re: 21597: Kinan: RE: 21586: Vishnusurf: Re: 21582: (Chamberlain) Haiti-US (fwd)

From: Allouard <allouard@libertysurf.fr>

I am not sure to get it right... But if the meaning is that Haitian people
or Haiti are "under-evolved", here my own small word:

While it is obvious that self examination and some change are necessary in
Haiti, this kind of statements about "evolution" "progress" and "state of
development" appear to me quite simplistic and... lets write it:
under-evolved...
Such a statement consider some "indicators" of development...
"elections",  "minimum wage", "life expectancy", "political corruption" etc.

By almost all those standards,  some change and progress in Haiti would be
welcome.
But it seems quite childish and lacking of understanding to consider ONLY
those standards or indicators...

For example, one is seldom considered or spoken about: suicide...
Should we consider this, except if thinking suicide as a very good thing,
Haiti is really a better country than France, or a fortiori Scandinavian
countries...
It is very difficult to find a teenager comitting suicide in Haiti... It is
common in our super-evolved countries...
Is modern and post-modern dispair of the youth such a good thing? Should
HAiti follow our path to reach the wonderfull joy of an ever aging
population, with teenagers having everything their Haitian fellows long
after, but still dispairing and seeing death as the only way out of a
meaningless life?