21630: Senou: Atlanta:A Special Invitation: June 25-26 (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

A special Invitation:

I hope that it is not to late; You and Your
Organization are invited to this gathering and it
would be great to send a representative member. We are
going to establish a Link among us in the Diaspora.
Mother Theresa said: If we are not concerned about who
get the credit, many things could be accomplished in
the world. I urge you to give this golden idea a
chance and it might be the only thing tangible that we
may realize in our 200 years of independence. The Jews
did it more than 40 years ago, the Cubans did it more
than 30 years ago and the Nigerians more than 15 years
ago and we see the result. The Haitian dilemma is not
going to change overnight and it will take at least 25
years if these folks start working constructively
today to see an improvement. We also have our own
problem to deal with where we are and at the same time
we need to find a way to provide assistance to Haitian
immigrant over here. Yesterday is history; what can we
do today to improve our life?
Again, I invite you to be part of the First Link. On
May 18, 1803 our ancestors put aside their
indifferences joined hands together to create a Union
and six months later they fought the biggest battle in
the history of humankind and ipso facto made us the
first black country in the new world.
My friends without May 18, there could not be Nov 18
and without Nov. 18 there could not be January First.
This gathering was launched at the end of the month of
October of last year and we have seen many things
taking place during that short period back home and we
expect more before the D-Day.
Toussaint Louverture was living a great life and he
did sacrifice everything to free us from servitude.
Remember his last words before he was deported to
France.

Each of you is a leader and your main task as a leader
is to add more fuel to this movement, your main task
as a leader is to take this idea to the next level and
make it a reality. A Leader is a good follower and a
good listener and very soon with your involvement and
participation, we will create the First Link.  Again,
you have a choice to make. If you believe that we will
be better of if we link ourselves, the choice is
crystal clear. Now, it is time for action; the sons
and grandsons of Toussaint Louverture, Dessalines ,
Henri Christophe and Capois La Mort shall join hands
together and create this Link.  Now, it is time to
work together.

NB: if you know anyone who might be interested, please
forward this note and thank you

The Atlanta Convention

THEME:  Linking Haitian Nationals, Haitian
organizations and friends of Haiti

WHEN:  June 25 - 26, 2004

WHERE:  The Auburn Avenue Research Library on
African-American Culture and History. A Special
Library of the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System
*** 101 Auburn Avenue, N.E., Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Ph 404-730-4001 Ext 302;  Fax 404-730-5879

PARTNER: The Auburn Avenue Research Library on
African-American Culture and History.

AIMS: 1. To provide an opportunity to link Haitian
Nationals, Haitian Organizations and Friends of Haiti
and how this can contribute to the strengthening of
the Haitian Diaspora and its contributions to the well
being of the United States.

2. To provide an opportunity for informed voices from
the Diaspora to become better known within the United
States, informing it of issues important to them
regarding the strengthening of their contribution to
the well being of their respective communities and the
U.S.

3. To provide an opportunity for these informed voices
to reinforce their on-going interest and involvement
in the Haitian Communities in the U.S. and Haiti, and
how this also contributes to the well being of the
U.S.

4. To provide an opportunity to introduce and
strengthen partnership and collaboration between
leaders from within the Haitian Diaspora and others
with similar interests.

5. To showcase Haiti at its highest level thru the
Humanities and to boost the spirit of Haitian
Nationals while celebrating its 200 years of
Existence.

6. To renew friendship with our American Friends and
inform the American public of the role our ancestors
played in the independence of this great Nation.
During the siege of Savannah on October 9, 1779,
without the intervention of our ancestors, the outcome
of the war could have been different. Our ancestors
fought fiercely in defending the coalition force.

7. To establish a Link among Haitian Nationals,
Haitian Organizations and Friends of Haiti

http://www.hcronline.org/speakers.html

NB: You are responsible for your own transportation
and Logging
Interested to attend Please send an Email to Alfred at
hcrinfor@hcronline.org or register online at
http://www.hcronline.org

http://www.hcronline.org/speakers.html

NB: if you are renting a car to travel to Atlanta or
at the airport you can use this code and you will
receive a discount from Alamo and you are entitled to
one free additional driver anywhere in the in world
and you can use it for your own leisure.
Rate Code: BY; I.D. Number: 706768

Joseph Alfred,Educator
Founder/CEO
of