21717: Senou: Re: 21657: (Chamberlain) Puerto Rico collects $320,000 for Haiti (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

I take this opportunity to say thank you to Puerto
Rico. According to 21657: (Chamberlain) Puerto Rico
collects $320,000 for Haiti (fwd) That state managed
to collect funds to help our Haitians brothers and
sister back home while we are spending our time
discussing the past or doing the politic du plomb
gaillé.

According to Jose Izquierdo the Secretary of State of
Puerto Rico: "The need of others is our concern. When
a neighboring country is stricken with pain, that is
when we must show our solidarity,”

My friends, the Haitian situation is not going to
change overnight. Why everyone remains quiet and not
talking about this historic gesture that came from a
foreign country. Well my friends, I’m not the type of
individual who would make you feel uncomfortable. You
may have other things to deal with or it was not in
your agenda or you were thinking about it.

It could be great to see various Haitian Communities
in Washington DC, New York, Miami, Bahamas, Montreal,
Atlanta, California, Texas, Jacksonville, Orlando, and
Paris and so on to make a similar gesture.

 In the past, some collected funds did not reach their
destination, please use caution and don’t be blind or
if you have any doubt “USE RED CROSS” Period. Please,
use check, money order or a credit card and make sure
you get a receipt and write down the social security
number, the driver license of the person who is
collecting whatever. If a penny is diverted, if the
non-perishable good does reach its intended
destination that person or group will serve time
anywhere in the U.S. Remember, the founder of the
United Way spent some time in Jail. Capitalizing on
using people emotion is over.  It is about time to
start sending all these imposters, all these crooks to
jail.  Jwet se jwet, krochet pa la dan fre-o. Les
intelligents (Haitian jargon) need to be careful.

Senou