21734: Allouard: Re: 21707: Manning: RE: 21683: (Chamberlain) Danger Island (fwd)

From: Allouard <allouard@libertysurf.fr>

Yes...

I feel better at night in dark La Saline than in some under building passage
in Paris, near Le Bon Marche, 7th arrondissement (one of the wealthiest part
of Paris), well lighted but definitely desert after 1 AM... The worst is
that, with the light, there is this recorded music coming from invisible
speakers... and you know perfectly that, should you be attacked there, and
this is not an unthinkable eventuality, the music will go on exactly as if
nothing happened... I can't help feeling this too perfect to be true... Same
than when a government spokesperson try to reassure you that everything is
fine and normal... one becomes suspicious then, no?

The fake security, the perfect, clean, but soul-less and heartless
facilities of our modern towns often make me shudder... I prefer werewolves,
devils and other voodoo spirits, alongside with chimeres and zenglendo in
the life-full even if anarchic and sometimes perilous Port-au-Prince...

Very private point of view... I would not try to explain to the Jack
Magazine Editor... As the text of Mike Power is much more balanced than tens
of others and reflects more of what I know from the streets, I suppose this
subtitle is not from him but were added by the magazine...

Regards to all Corbeters...

                                                            Philippe
Allouard