21931: Du Tuyau: Re; violence and politics (fwd)

From: ViandeMoulue@aol.com

Good morning everyone. How are you today, all of you? I hope okay. I am too. Except that I am a little troubled by one issue on the list that I point to some friends on the list. Some agree very much; others think it's not true. Maybe I am once more delusional, since I suffer a "bug" disease. But I like fair accuracy and in that vein, I wanted to point out what I consider a dangerous trend in politics Haitian since 17 Octobre 1806: the violence of our politics.

I hesitate many times before because I always try to read "in-between". In-between the lines, that is this time. And I also know that Mister Corbett has no liking or sympathy for personal when discussion is debated (sorry for English here; I still learning the language). But I hope that Mister Corbett gives authorization for the re-email of one little thing by Mister Simidor here in discussion with Mister Vilaire. Mister Simidor writes in his own English, as usual beautiful English, the statement that you can read next:
<<<I’m liberal to a degree, I value civil liberties and the
<<<constitution as much as the guy next door.  But I also
<<<believe in that old time religion, especially when those
<<<trampled on other people’s rights come up for a taste of
<<<their own medicine.  (On second thought, “a taste of their
<<<own medicine” would be a “zero tolerance” bullet in the
<<<neck...)>>>>>>

As you may imagine, it's the last line that bothers me very much, for it's not for the first time that inuendos, non-advertising-but-nevertheless-subliminal messages tainted with little bit of violence very strong, flows through that same pen. The sentence, mesdames et messieurs, that bothersome for me is this one again from Mister Simidor:
<<<(On second thought, “a taste of their own medicine” would
<<<be a “zero tolerance” bullet in the neck...)>>>>>>

 This is exactly the kind of politics that has always brought Haiti down
 to its knees, I think. But who am I to say this? Dumb me-dumb me, and
 even dumber-me. That why is why I asking for other opinions on list on
 this issue.

 Politics à la haitiana always required a little dose of violence as the
 main source of political discourse. That's how everything always go down
 the drain in the short, medium, long, and all terms.

The real questionning for me it is, is if or whether politicians Haitian, people, politician-wanna-be and everybody, really truly believe that they will ever accomplish through violence, what they cannot accomplish either by the ballot box, or through civil discourse in public forum, parliament, etc?

Will Haitians ever devote their heart and soul to politics of persuasion through discourse, campaigning for elector-ability, or will they always try to succeed via little violence here and there? My question is for all people on list. Or maybe you won't answer little bit very much or at all but still. Do that make sense for you, what I thinking with my chicken brain, or is it me the moun fou who reads too much "in-between-the-lines"?

A "as-usually-confused",
Du Tuyau