23776: (announce) Mason: More Haiti- and Haitian Creole-related Docs Available Online (fwd)

>From Marilyn Mason (MariLinc@aol.com):

I'd like to alert Corbetters to 3 things:

1) The fact that in recent months, many, many more Haiti- and Haitian
Creole-related documents and resources have become available on the Internet for free
download.

- Resources in English and in Creole (some in French) for Haitian educators
-- in Haiti and in the Haitian Diaspora -- (all kinds of curriculum materials
in Creole; all kinds of English-Creole glossaries, translated-terms lists, and
dictionaries; and all kinds of English-Creole bilingual curriculum materials);

- Resources in English and in Creole (some in French) for Haitian-Americans
to know how to exercise their rights as American Citizens to vote and their
rights as citizens or non-citizens to hold the American Government accountable in
providing essential human services to them;

- Resources in English and in Creole (some in French) for Haitian
broadcasters to inform their listening public on the subjects of Haitian history, Haitian
culture, Haitian literature, Haitian art, and Haiti-related health, human
rights, civic responsibilities, education, legal, environmental, and development
issues;

- Resources in English and in Creole (some in French) for researchers on a
wide variety of Haiti- and Haitian Creole-related issues;

- And much, much more.

2) The fact that I've compiled a single, very up-to-date place on the
Internet where Haitians and Haiti Lovers can go to avail themselves of these
resources.

It's the Creole Links Page:

http://hometown.aol.com/mit2haiti/Index4.html

3) The fact that I've recently done a major reworking of the Creole Links
Page.

Up until recently, all the links were placed on a single page. As the
collection of links grew, that web document got heavier and heavier. And the heavier
it got, the longer it took for folks to download it.

So I recently broke the document down into 5 documents, all accessible from
the Primary Page:

http://hometown.aol.com/mit2haiti/Index4.html

Now everything works more efficiently and quickly.

I trust that the Creole Links Page will now be more useful to you all.

Marilyn

Marilyn Mason
P.O. Box 181015
Boston, Massachusetts 02118 USA