23814: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com -- (discuss) jhudicourtb =What is it about us?

From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com

I realized with sadness and puzzlement that 2 very public and publicized
death
in Boston were caused by Haitians.  Most people haven't made that
connection
but here is the story.
At the end of the football season crowds went out on the streets of Boston
celebrate the Patriots' Superbowl victory.  A young man was killed by a
young
driver in his early twenties who was drunk and drove right into the crowd.
That driver was Haitian.  It was said that cars were being turned over and
destroyed by the crowd and he was scared.
When the Boston Red Sox won game seven of the American League Championship
series against the New York Yankees, again crowds of young people went out
celebrate on the streets.  A young woman was killed when a "non-lethal"
pepper
bullet hit her in the eye.  Last week it was revealed that an amateur
video
shows that the weapon was fired by a police officer named Rochelord
Millien.
Sounds Haitian.

Is there something about us that leads us to not respect life?  Although
the
second case seems more accidental than the first, I am wondering about how
we
behave in a crowd.  It makes me think about the outrageously violent
behavior
of both revelers and "law enforcement" people at carnaval in PAP.  It
reminds
me of the police and cimo who have gotten into the habit of covering their
face.  It reminds me of the Chimeres or other Chefs taking advantage of
chaos
and crowds to kill .
I have seen very well behaved crowds in Haiti but I can also say that only
in a
crowd have I experienced a necklace being grabbed from my neck, an older
man
swearing heavily at me, gunshots in broad daylight.
Is it something about us that makes the anonimity of the crowd bring out
our
worst behavior?