23915: Casey (new) Sun-Sentinel op-ed on Haiti (fwd)

From: Ethan Casey <ecasey@blueear.com>

Dear friends and colleagues,

Many of you will be interested to know that I've written an op-ed on Haiti,
published in the Thursday, Dec. 16 issue of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel
newspaper, based in part on my Nov. 26 interview with Fr. Gerard Jean-Juste.
As those of you who are aware of Haitian politics know, it's not easy to
write about such a fraught situation. So if you think you disagree with
anything you think I'm saying in this piece, please go easy! I'm writing
what I understand to be an honest piece based on conversations I've had on
the ground in Haiti.

The piece is online at:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/sfl-17forum17dec16,0,7267697.story

Best regards, Ethan

(Haitian Revolutions: Two Decades on the Ground to be published in the US
and UK in April 2005, by Vision.)

>From THE DAILY TELEGRAPH's review of Alive and Well in Pakistan: "[Casey]
lets the complexities of a nation whose well-being is a matter for global
concern speak for themselves. ... The author’s real journey is a search for
common humanity."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904132561/

Global summit on reaching Haiti's poorest, Nov 14-19, 2004:
http://www.fonkoze.org/summit.htm