23981: Lyall (response) to Kathleen: (ask) what is Neg Coumbite (fwd)

From: J.David Lyall <postmaster@lyalls.net>

The T shirts say Afe Neg Combite. That is the name on the secretariat
as well. The march was for the 28th anniversary of the founding of
the combite. They marched from Kenscoff into the mountains where a
new clinic was being opened. Hundreds of folks were marching, with
school kids and boy scouts. First time I've seen scouts. We need an
environmental merit badge!

The Combit set up a pension and cafeteria for mountain market women
years back. They built some housing for retired market women, which
almost instantly became loaded with their younger families. They run
the cyber cafe in kenscoff. New batteries are needed for the inverter
for the project.

Some Quebecois seem to provide a lot of funding. 28 years ago would
have been during the Duvalier reign. Pere Sicot is a priest at the
church who seems to be the guiding light. He appears to be very
popular. Never talked to him, altho I intend to talk about getting
the cyber cafe working more reliably. I brought a wi-fi router to
donate to them. For all the UN yuppie tourists.