24004: Docteed (reply to Kathleen)

Docteed@aol.com

Kathleen certainly got that right. Someone needs to do some homework by
researching old Haitian documentation of that era. During my time spent in
Haiti,
the children and grandchildren of the people who withstood the American
occupation 1915-1934 still recounted it with rancor and resentment--and they
had
only
heard and read about it. One woman whipped out a saved newspaper editorial
from a few years earlier reiterating the sentiments still felt and revived as a

result of the 1990s Marines occupation. Benevolence? Please! For what? More
manipulation? More exploitation? We Americans really need to get over ourselves

as the saviours of the world because it seems to me we are screwing it up
royally with all this self-serving "benevolence."