24236: Deschamps (reply) RE: 24225: love haiti (ask) RE: question on 24219: RepresentAction:(fwd)

From: "Henri Deschamps (PI)" <henri-deschamps@promointer.net>

A friend sent us the posting below, which I must say I found amusing to the
max. What a godsend at the end of Carnival weekend.

<quote>

From: loveayiti@hotmail.com

Why does RepresentAction, PromoCapital and the Commercial Interest Section
for the US Embassy all have the same address 111 Rue Faubert and the same
phone number??? Talk about strange.

<unquote>

The only strange thing about this coincidence is the imagination of
loveayiti@hotmail.com who I surmise believes we are part of some sinister
new conspiracy; "Mythical Paranoia Innuendo" at its very best (MPI Syndrome
for the social scientists among us).

The commercial interest section of the US Embassy vacated that location
three years ago (2002) because of security concerns and is back at the
embassy bunker downtown. The phone numbers are the same because when you
have a phone line in Haiti you hang on to it for dear life. We negotiated
fiercely with the owner of the building to retain those lines. The primary
reason being that we had some level of certitude that if our friends at
Teleco believed them to be American Embassy numbers, they may keep our lines
humming, hoping for the supernatural forces to intervene on their behalf, in
favor of a much deserved visa for services rendered. Alas our illusions have
not materialized and our phones are good and dead. No visas for you Teleco.
"Mythical Belief in Divine Telecom Intervention" at its very best (MBDTI
Syndrome for the social scientists among us).

The building at 111 rue Faubert has three suites:
Suite 1: Dr. Serge Guichard
Suite 2: PromoCapital
Suite 3: RepresentAction

As we are lodged above a gynecologist-obstetrician, next to an association
promoting Haitian-American Rights, between a bank and a pastry shop, an
equally compelling argument could be made that we all simply like "Rich
Pregnant Haitian-American Women Who Crave Pastry". And in fact we do, and
that is probably much closer to whatever truth could be deduced by reading
the mythical signs.

Best Regards,

Henri Deschamps
CEO - PromoCapital
http://www.promocapital.us

PS: No hard feelings loveayiti@hotmail.com. As a born and bred Haitian I too
am conditionned from birth to ponder the vast mysteries of our homeland in
the moonlight and guess what they mean. You should hear some of my own
doozies after a few too many cups of coffee. Case in point, I was really
convinced that the "Mythical Belief in Divine Telecom Intervention" would
keep our phones humming :-) Live and learn, or is it sometimes better to
live and unlearn.