24266: Hermantin( News)WYCLEF PLANS BUDGET SPORTS CAR LINE (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

WYCLEF PLANS BUDGET SPORTS CAR LINE

World Entertainment News Network

February 14, 2005

Classic car collector Wyclef Jean is planning to turn his lifelong hobby
into a new business venture - by creating a new line of bargain sports
vehicles.

The Fugees star owns a fleet of classic cars, including a rare Pagani Zonda
C12 and a F-1 McLaren he calls Josephine, and now he wants to offer replicas
of some of his favourite cars to those who don't have his millions.

He says, "I want to make an affordable car for the kids. When I was growing
up we had the Firebird, Thunderbird, etc... There's nothing catching the eye
of kids, except for the Ferrari and Lamborghini.

"I want to give them the same look but with a more affordable price."

Wyclef hopes to have his Ce car available in three years (08) and, in the
meantime, he's considering turning his own impressive collection of motors
into museum pieces - and charging fans to see them. All proceeds from the
venture will go to Wyclef's Haitian relief charity Yele.