24402: Severe (reply) Question about recent post on Corbett (fwd)

From: Constantin Severe <csevere@hotmail.com>

Dear Mr. Pierre,
  Just finished reading your post on the Corbett list and thought it was
very good. I didn't think it was a good idea for Aristide to be forced from
office but now that he's gone he's done. I was a little perplexed by this
passage though:

   "I would only advise the Lavalas moderates ... they should not, under no
circumstances, send their coandidate to the presidency. That would not be
the right strategy at this point. It simply, would not be."

Do you mean the moderates shouldn't have a candidate separate from Lavalas
or Lavalas shouldn't have a candidate, period? My read of the current
situation is that die hard Lavalas members won't accept anything less than
Aristide's return.

I always think there is a solution. Maybe it's a weakness.

                                                                       Thank
you,

Constantin