24447: Morse (reply) to Holmstead

>From OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

Dear Mr Holmstead,

I do have a certain vantage point being right here in the middle of
Port-au-Prince. My musicians and employees come mostly from Delmas, Belair and
Carrefour. Perhaps you didn't see my recent posts on actual police corruption
during this transition period. I'm not a public relations firm, I'm a musician
and I'm just giving you my 2 cents. When I spoke of gangs working in
tandem with the police during Aristide it wasn't Public Relations, it was
the inside scoop.  Are you denying it as truth? Are you now going to tell
me that the Cannibal Army  in Gonaives wasn't originally a branch of
Aristide's parallel security services before they turned on him and were
then joined by the old army and FRAPH. No one is speaking to the masses
right now. Party in Petionville!! Is that what the University students
were working towards? I don't think so.

Where  were you at 2 a.m. Feb 29, 2004? I was talking to Aristide's Haitian
security guards after he abandoned them to make his escape. I'm concerned
about the state of the Haitian people, but not professionally. I'm just a
musician.

Richard Morse