24527: Khelladi (request) dominico-haitian data base and virtual community (Bohio) (fwd)

From: Yacine Khelladi <yacine@yacine.net>

Hello

I'm rushing this pre-announcement, because of Bob's announced travel.

My institution, TAIGUEY, is developing the BOHIO project, that include a
virtual community (with automated translation) to contribute to dialogue
and hopefully foster co-operation among civil society organizations,
grassroots groups and "development" co-operation agencies working in the
2 countries or in the border areas, looking with this to enhance their
effectiveness. It also has a web site + database exclusively dedicated
to dominican-haitian relations/issues (projects, institutions,
documents, events, press review, small adds, etc.)

We are still experimenting mechanism and moderations/animation
methodologies with a small group of 50 institutions

Anyone interested in participating please contact me directly. Working
languages are french and spanish. We still need to find and integrate
automated translation tools for Creole. English foreseen un not so close
future.

Yacine