24646: Sanon (reply) re: 24645: Succar re: 24643: Pilling re: Remembering the PopeJohn Paul II

Ed Sanon <esanon@gate.net>

Sara, you are correct. Your version is the correct one. He came to Haiti
and spent the whole 'stop by' at the Airport site and left. Also, Duvalier
(of Jean Claude Duvalier) is the correct spelling.
Edy

Jean Succar <succarj@hotmail.com>

That is incorrect. He patrolled the streets of Haiti and went to Petion- Ville the left the country the same day.

Sara Pilling; sara.pilling@Verizon.net

A question about John Paul II and Haiti, Is it my imagination [or faulty
memory] or is it true that the Pope came to Haiti but/and refused to leave
the airport as the country had such a poor record of human rights abuse? I
believe I remember that this was at the end of the Devalue era.

Can someone set me straight? Meci davans