24683: Leiderman (comment) phone card correction, 8 cents/minute

Stuart M Leiderman <leidermn@cisunix.unh.edu>

dear Readers:

yep, I read my scribble sheet wrong. "Explorer" to wired phones in Haiti is 8 cents/minute. I accidentally read the rate to Israel that's several more thousands of miles away. calls to Haiti must take the Polar route. which reminds me of the story of the dentist who used to extract teeth the long 'way...

you'd think somebody like Western Union who makes millions of dollar/year on remittances to Haiti would organize their own phone connections there for a flat nickel a minute. I'd say there's an opening for an enterprising communications group.

thanks to John Black.

Stuart Leiderman