25745: Hyppolite Re: 25722: Nlbo: Reply to Mr. Pierre and post 25703 (fwd)

From: Hyppolite Pierre <hpierre@irsp.org>

From: Nlbo@aol.com

I think besides interpreting literarily Creole expressions, I don't quite
understand Mr. Pierre's last post. He said that Peterson and I have taken a
radical position on Haiti's situation. I don't see anything extreme in terms of bringing young people, young blood, new ideas, new behaviors, or new attitudes as
Haiti's long term solution.

************** Nekita, unless I am losing it completely, my post was exactly contrary to what you propose here. Please go back and read it, if you would. In fact, I was agreeing with you and Audrey Peterson. I was in no way implying that you are taking a radical position. Now I am truly baffled. When Figaro replied, I agreed with him that he was correct for a couple of reasons, none of them relevant here. I am not sure I came across the way I wanted to, trying to tell a joke when clearly, I am not good at it. That's why in that post, I used both terms "koupe" and "boule" in the same initial statement. I am not sure why you interpret my statement as calling you a "radical". I now am truly baffled. I have nothing to add to this "mini-debate". I said one thing and you think it meant something else that is completely different. Please go back to the post (my post) and read it a couple of times. You'll see that I was basically agreeing with you. Am not sure why you took my post differently, unless I am really losing my ESL (English as a Second Language). Thought I was too young for Alzheimer but again, I may be wrong. I just don't get it, this time but if you feel offended in any way by my post, I am sorry. Such was not my intention. Best to you,
Hyppolite Pierre