26094: Raber: (reply) Re: 26079: Morse(reply) Rossier(reply) Re: 26023 Morse (thoughts) Justice/Corruptio... (fwd)

From: PM Raber <raber88@zoominternet.net>

I agree with Morse. All the Lavalas Achievements were done under Preval: fixing the Main Carrefour road to Leogane. Fixing the Jacmel Road. Paving many rural towns (Aquin is beautiful with Adoquin interlocking bricks), fixing public squares so people living in squalor have a place to breathe, School buildings in many rural towns, fixing tthe Darebonne sugar factory (but unfortunately making it function became low priority when Aristide took over) etc.. Many of those things were small in the big pictrure but they were VISIBLE things. Not forums and studies, and seminars, and attending multiple international meetings around the world where lots of talk is spent, lots of money is spent and no returns for the people are seen. Besides the Tabarre and Airport road, I am not sure anyone can show ecactly a visible legacy or Aristide. Even the Tabarre Road was said to have been built by money that was allocated for the secondary Carrefour Road (Route Rail). I was wispered this by a high level public works employee whom I knew very well and is a down to earth-no-lying kind of person.so I cannot prove to you that this rumor is true. Of course, the Lavalas trouble makers had no reason to get in the way of Preval since they knew Aristide would succeed him. a few Aristide thugs like the Arbrouet brothers (palace secutity thugs) were fired by Preval and gave him some heat for a while but he eventually Preval got rid of that problem (one dead during arrest, one dead from AIDS after he was captured). This leaves all the other trouble makers who must have seen something acceptable in Preval even though he was governing by decree.