26108: JRigdon: (comment) Culturally relevant material (fwd)

From: jrigdon@researchonline.net

It evidences a growing awareness of the childrens' needs as well as
generating
ideas for moving toward some good solutions.

I have asked this question of a dozen people who have spent time in Haiti...

"Should we provide materials in both Creole and French or Creole and English
or even Creole and Spanish?"

Most have hedged their answer, but today in talking with someone who has
just returned from 2 years living in a village away from PaP, I got a clear
statement that we should focus on Creole and on teaching to read Creole.

Your comments along these lines are appreciated.

John Rigdon
Tools and Resources for Haiti
http://www.researchonline.net/haiti