26212: Koleva: Request: Haitian asylum seekers/ illegal immigrants (fwd)

From: Gergana Koleva <gergana@journalist.com>

  Touching on UNHCR's just released statistics about the rising numbers
  of Haitian asylum seekers, I'm looking to interview Haitian
  nationals who have been granted asylum in the States in the past few
  months (or up to a year) for a story that illuminates this
  international aspect of the struggle for human rights and whose
  subjects have been minimially covered in mainstream American
  media. I'd also be much interested in talking to a Haitian
  person(s) who have sought and been denied asylum in the past and who
  are now present in the U.S. as illegal immigrants, or who are legal
  but living with relatives or friends that are not. If anyone knows of
  someone -- a single individual or a whole family who might be willing
  to share their experiences, please let me know -- anonymity is
  guaranteed for those who request it. Thanks!

  Gergana