26575: Senou: Amending the Constitution: The Haitian Congress (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Amending the Constitution: The Haitian Congress

The Haitian constitution should be amended to reflect
the needs of the Haitian Diaspora. Which branch of the
government that has the authority to amend the
constitution?
 The Congress

What we need to do?
We need to support open-minded Deputés and Senators
who may be willing to amend the constitution and
remove or make changes in these two articles below. We
need to start from the source. Also, some modification
shall be made on ARTICLE 284-2. There is no need to
wait for the inauguration of the next president.

Remember that each Deputé or Senator is accountable to
his/her constituent.  Politic is politic and
understanding the political culture du milieu is very
important. We need to use Diplomacy and support
project in various constituents where we likely find
some cool Senators and Deputés who may want to remove
these two articles. We need to give them a reason to
do so.

At this particular moment, I urge the Diaspora to cool
down, observe and support. We need to understand that
various folks back home are going to lose power and
they may be reluctant to take that route. The Diaspora
needs to be very prudent and since there are different
ways to speak and make yourself understood, I think we
need to start building libraries, assisting schools,
providing cantines, building dispensaires, creating
jobs, buying homemade goods and so on. In doing so, we
will play an active role in the mother country and in
exchange they will remove articles 13 and 15. Remember
in everything there is a R.O.I.; We need to give them
a reason ?

Article 13
Haitian nationality is lost by:

a) Naturalization in a foreign country;

b) Holding a political post in the service of a
foreign country;

c) Continuous residence abroad of a naturalized
Haitian without duly granted authorization by a
competent official. Anyone who loses his nationality
in this manner may not reacquire it.

ARTICLE 15:
Dual Haitian and foreign nationality is in no case
permitted.

-----------------
AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE 282:
On the recommendation, with reasons given to support
it, of one of the two (2) Houses or of the Executive
Branch, the Legislature may declare that the
Constitution should be amended.

ARTICLE 282-1:
This declaration must be supported by two-thirds (2/3)
of each of the two (2) Houses. It may be made only in
the course of the last Regular Session of the
Legislative period and shall be published immediately
throughout the territory.

ARTICLE 283:
At the first session of the following legislature
period, the Houses shall meet in a National Assembly
and decide on the proposed amendment.

ARTICLE 284:
The National Assembly may not sit or deliberate on the
amendment unless at least two-thirds (2/3) of the
members of each of the two (2) Houses are present.

ARTICLE 284-1:
No decision of the National Assembly may be taken
without a majority of two-thirds (2/3) of the votes
cast.

ARTICLE 284-2:
The amendment passed may enter into effect only after
installation of the next elected President. In no case
may the President under the Government that approved
the amendment benefit from any advantages deriving
therefrom.

ARTICLE 284-3:
General elections to amend the Constitution by
referendum are strictly forbidden.

ARTICLE 284-4:
No amendment to the Constitution may affect the
democratic and republican nature of the State.

http://farechase.yahoo.com