26639: Re: 26625: (response) Math Jay (fwd)

From: Jepiem@aol.com

To me the position of Vice President would be just another encumberment in
the running of the affairs of Haiti. As it is Haiti is not ready to have a
functionning Prime Minister when there is an effective and/or strong
President.

To the majority of the people, it is the President that counts. When the
President goes, the Prime Minister is also "dechouqueed" and so would be  the
Vice
President, no matter how the President goes. The majority of the people
would not understand what it is the Vice President is supposed to do, and
besides
the Vice President being of the same affiliation as the President  whatever
movement topples the latter would also "dechouque" the former. In  a lot of
ways the 1987 Constitution was a big mistake in the euphory and  "dechouque"
fever of the post Duvalier period. So, while we are at it here are  my
suggestions.
 Having general elections on the 27th of December is a cruel joke on  the
people anyway, let's cancel them. Latortue is a pain in the behind but it's
better to take him for a few more months than engage in a path of further
mistakes. Let's set the mechanism in motion to revise the Constitution. Not
Constitutional you say? Neither is Latortue nor is le Conseil des Sages nor
are
the
many foreigners in uniform that terrorise the people of the poor  neighbourhood

with impunity. (And an interested Haition born individual can not
participate in the affairs of his nation? What a joke!). After we revise the
Constitution to allow all children of the Nation to contribute with rights and
duties
to the running of its affairs, eliminate the "sinecure" of Vice  Presidency,
make the electoral process as fraud free as possible and allow for  the true
representatives of the people to occupy the seats in the chambers of  the
Legislative, reaffirm the authority of the Judiciary decide once and for all
on
the
status of the army and if it is to exist place under the authority  of the
President where it belongs,with control of a strong Legislature,  establish a
system of checks and balances to avoid the abuses of the Executive  etc... then

plan for elections. Any other way to me is to cave in to the  pressure of an
International Community ( really a one nation community) and fall  into their
agenda which has nothing to do with the welfare of the Hatian  people.
Math Jay