26725: (Ulysse) asks: Women in government (fwd)

From: Gina Ulysse <gulysse@wesleyan.edu>

Hello Everyone,

Trying to find out more about women's role in government.
I know that in recent years several have held positions in
ministries and that currently there is a woman running for
president. I am trying to get a sense of women's participation
in govt. over the years.  I am as interested in those who have
attempted but have not succeeded.

Does anyone know if there is anything written on this and
where I can find it or have more information on this issue.

I thank you in advance for your help.

gu

--
Gina Ulysse, Ph.D
Assistant Professor

ANTH:(860) 685-3268
AFAM:(860) 685-3575
FAX: (860) 685-2051

"There are certain structures of power I simply
refuse to recreate. Silence is the first."
		    	t.w.

					Illuminate the past