26783: Bell (reply) : 26781: FACTS ABOUT CREOLE, OR KREYOL, Bell replies(fwd)

From: madison bell <mbell@goucher.edu>

I'd often heard this and can confirm with this anecdotal evidence-- a
stranger asked me for directions on the street in Paris-- I was curious
where he came from since he spoke perfectly unaccented French and English--
when he told me he was from Mauritius I started speaking to him in Kreyol
and he replied in the same language.  We didn't have a very elaborate
conversation but the basics do seem to be the same...

msb