26845: Leiderman: re: 26831 and 26832: Haiti's fantasy government (fwd)

From: Stuart M Leiderman <leidermn@cisunix.unh.edu>

dear Readers:

earlier today on this list, I read that Haiti's P.M. offered early retirement to five out of ten "Supreme" Court judges, well, because it was time for them to go anyway -- presumably they'll get pensions -- and now per item 26831, I read that he's fired five more from another court also known as "Supreme" -- presumably these won't get their pensions -- and per item 26932 I learned that he's also fired five of ten from a third court also known as "Supreme." if we left it to professional journalists such as wrote these articles, Haiti would have more "Supremes" than Diana Ross ever dreamed of. I was always under the impression that Haiti needed more judges, not fewer, and right now they're probably thinking it's Prime Ministers Haiti needs less of.

thank you,

Stuart Leiderman