27149: Karshan: (reply) on lies and truths. Aristide quote from 2003 (fwd)

Quote from Aristide from December 2003 on lies and
truths:

"When a person lies, that lie doesn't help him or her.
That is my philosophy.

And if you can help that person to know that he or she
is lying, if the person wants, in respect, it is for
his or her mental health, for his or her "personal
growth". So in time, truth always shines.

And we can see that, even when there is
disinformation. That doesn't stop the truth, the
democratic process, from working, from moving forward.

And sometimes, when a person says they don't respect
his or her right to speak, while he or she is
criticizing the State, I smile because I say it is
that exact experience of criticizing the State that is
a demonstration of respect of freedoms.

That doesn't mean I don't see that mistakes are made
sometimes. Yes, sometimes mistakes are made. And it is
my duty to remind everyone who made mistakes when they
didn't respect the freedom of this or that media, to
remind them to respect freedom. But that doesn't mean
either that the people don't have the intelligence to
know truth from lies. Even if it doesn't know it
all the time, but it knows.

Earlier, I was talking about glasses, I'll continue in
that same line. It is said that there is about one
billion people who wear glasses in the world. But
about two billion people would
need them. Sometimes people can't buy glasses because
they don't have money, even though they need it. But
that doesn't mean people don't have the intelligence
to see when someone is lying.

And Haitians like that a lot, to look at you in the
eye when you are speaking to see if you are lying, or
if you are speaking the truth. And since this a people
who lives with truth, it chooses people who gives it
truth, even when it pretends it thinks you are lying
while it knows you are telling the truth, or it makes
you think it believes you are telling the truth while
it knows you are lying. The people are intelligent. If
they don't see it today, they will see it tomorrow.
Lies never last long."

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com