27294: Philippe (reply) Re: 27287: Durban (comment): Civil Society Turns Uncivil (fwd)

From: "Philippe [utf-8] ClÃriÃ" <philippe@gcal.net>

On Thursday, 19 January 2006 10:48, you wrote:
Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com> writes:

<cut>

Vocally blasting U.N. peacekeepers is perfectly in keeping with
the Haitian tradition of blaming someone else for your own
shortcomings.

Amen! Sadly true!

It would be far better to develop an attitude of
gratitude,

I would not want to go that far, but I appreciate the sentiment. The
failure is ours and we should not, ever, blame foreigners.

and then do some productive strategizing on how the

Right! It should have been an opportunity to _take a deep breath_,
draw (finally!?) some lessons from the past, and constructively
move ahead. Instead, it's been business as usual.

I don't get it!

Philippe