27528: Morse (Comment) Election ramble (fwd)

_oloffsonram@aol.com_ (mailto:oloffsonram@aol.com)

Not much to say really. I just spent 2 days in Jacmel and the  ONLY candidate
I heard mentioned was Preval.

Drove from Jacmel to the Oloffson on election day morning and  saw long lines
of people waiting to vote. Lots of people in the mountains  walking to and
from polling stations.  Drove through Leogane, Gressier,  Carrefour and
Carrefour Feuille. More lines, more voters. Everyone  was peaceful from my
vantage
point.

Everything seemed so calm except for some of the reports  from the radio.

 It seems so obvious now but in all the election  conversations I've had in
the last year no one ever thought to mention that the  Red Cross may need a
presence at the polling stations with water  etc..

I notice the press keeps trying to associate Preval with City  Soleil and
Belair, well, how about associating him with the rest of the  country.

Times have changed. Corporate press seems to have put a veneer  between
reality and the readers. The world is going to have to find a better way  to
get

information.

All those folks who kept saying people came out to vote in  2000 will have
some explaining to do. But then again, that's all in the  past.

I still don't know who won the Super Bowl.

----- End forwarded message -----