27691: Math Jay (reply) Re: 27663: Math Jay (reply) (fwd)

From: Jepiem@aol.com

I assume the poster sees here proof to support his theory of kidnapping for
cannibalism. (See recent discussions about this topic). However from all the
reports I have read of the incident I don't think I have seen it said that Ms
Severe was bringing the head home to make soup or stew. Sorcery and
cannibalism  are two entirely different things and so are vaudou and sorcery.
Yes there
are  atavistic practices in Haiti inherited from Africa and old France (yes
France!)  but one has to be careful not to get all that mixed up with vaudou
the religion.  It is of course so called educated Haitians themselves who
contribute to the  discredit of their own culture by acquiescing or applauding
ill founded  criticisms mostly based on ignorance of real facts.
Math Jay