28494: kathleen (reply) Re: 28488: Marc (reply) Re: 28472: Kathleen (ask) re 28465 (fwd)

[Corbett comments: Folks, I don't have time to take on the GENERAL question of immigration. I will only post future items that are STRICTLY related to the Haitian situation and not large frames.]

From Kathleen:
    I know there are good people among all groups.  And not so good people
as well. It is recognition of shades of gray that I crave..
"easily misrepresent" applies more accurately to the monolithic and
unidimensional view of refugees and illegal immigrants
that 1) all poor are good and
2)all illegal immigrants are honest people just looking for work.

 Arguments and inclusive assumptions like the above have been applied to
the deluge of immigrants over the .S. southern border, despite evidence of
increased crime, fraud, gangs like
MS13, overcrowded hospital ER rooms (many forced to close), benefits
denied
to American citizens but
given to illegals. And how many criminals are benefiting from illegal
flights?
I maintain that people who condone illegal activities, for whatever
rationalization, are condoning illegal activities.  I guess, for example,
shoplifting/stealing are "undocumented purchases."

I just wanted to point out that there are variations.  Frankly, the "all or
nothing", black or white , one size fits all assumptions astound me.  Mesi
davans.