28933: Dailey re 28908 John Holmstead (fwd)

From: Peter Dailey <phdailey@msn.com>

John Holmstead writes:

Everyone, including the widow and RSF, put forth the theory that Aristide had given Toussaint orders to have Haiti's most prominent assassinated, yet when the purported "hit man" ran for office they all kept their mouths shut.

I don't remember this at all. Ordinarily I'd be glad to take Holmstead's word for it but since his charge against Michele Montas and RSF is quite specific maybe he'd like to back it up. And who are the persons calling for justice in the Jean Dominique case who jumped on the Dany Toussaint bandwagon when he threw his hat into the ring last summer? Pierre Esperance? My recollection is that there was not a lot of enthusiasm for Toussaint's candidacy in Corbettland or in Haiti either.

Ann Auguste had the charges against her dropped. So did Louis-Jodel Chamblain. All this proves is that the Haitian judicial system is easy to manipulate, something we knew already.

Peter Dailey