28962: Labrom (reply) re 28927 working for the UN (fwd)

From Jacqui Labrom

I'm sorry, but for every job vacancy in MINUSTAH there are about 200 or more applicants. I've seen two piles of Resumés in their Recruitment offices measuring about 4 feet each which haven't even been opened. The Haitian people are desperate for a job and the minute they hear a whisper of a new company opening up, they're there with their Resumes dying to be seen. The trouble is they don't know what jobs are on offer, what kind of experience or skills they need, they just apply anyway. Outside all the MINUSTAH offices are lines of people with brown envelopes with their Resumes inside trying to catch someone's attention to get their CV in. I'm always being asked if I can get someone a job.

The willingness to work is there - but not the opportunities.

Jacqui Labrom

Voyages Lumière SA
Journeys for the enlightened traveler
email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com