28965: Rob (reply) RE Nat commen: 28942: RV (comment) The Dominique case and selective memory (fwd)

From: Rob 6969 <liberalproject@hotmail.com>

This is only noise that was made at the time on progaganda websites such as the NCHR and Haiti Democracy Project. These are preposterous organizations that have have clearly shown their incapacity to be fair players over the last 2 years. Let justice do its job and justice is improving dramatically in Haiti now under Preval. The real question that has to be asked is why would Aristide have Dominique killed? The dominique saga was the first big story used by Amnesty, RSF and the press to go full force against Lavalas and Aristide. The film the Agronomist was also one of the main propaganda tools against Aristide at least on this side of the ocean. The film portrays Aristide as a shady character who was behind the murder. The argument is that Aristide did not like the interview he had with Jean Dominique who challenged him a bit to much about gros mangeurs etc..It might not have been the intent of the filmmaker but anybody who watched the film in the US and Europe got out of the film thinking that Aristide was behind the murder. This is a pitty because the interview is about 2 minutes in the film and was rather candide and the responses of Aristide were not angry at all. Te film is an homage of Jean Dominique and should not be taken as a final trial for Aristide’s responsibility at all. Aristide has had a fair amount of much more agressive interviews in his life since he entered the political scene. Why would Aristide a big admirer and friend of Dominique have had Jean Dominique killed? Dominique was attacking everything Aristide was fighting against and so it seems to me that If Aristide had the power to order assassinations at the time he would have gone first against his real ennemies and not Jean Dominique. Why don’t we let justice do its job and stopp throwing accusations around. If some on this list really believe that Aristide is behind the murder then they should want him back home to face justice and be judged if necessary. If Aristide had something to hide I don’t think he would be so insisting on going back home. I believe that justice will prevail at the end. I recommend the great book of Hyppolite Pierre (probably the best book I have read lately). I don’t agree on everything he says but he has in my view the most sensible approach on the issue of “ exiled leaders” Aristide and his possible return. Page 299
Here it is:
http://www.univpress.com/Catalog/SingleBook.shtml?command=Search&db=%5EDB/CATALOG.db&eqSKUdata=0761833692