29016: Morse (comment) Ferdinand/Pringle (fwd)

 oloffsonram@aol.com

To Ms Ferdinand;
I was wondering at which hotel in Haiti one might find the "Holy Grail of Truth". Is the truth hotel in Petionville or some where in Cite Militaire? Maybe there's a hotel in South Africa which spouts the truth.

I wish I had seen Pringle's article....

As far as our Thursday night shows are concerned...where ever i go in Haiti, people of all ages, from 5 years old on up, sing RAM songs to me. Right there on the street, or where ever I happen to be standing. RAM songs are usually traditional folklore songs, of the Haitian people, by the Haitian people and for the Haitian people. You'll never understand what we're singing to the same extent that a Haitian can. It's the Haitian language. The Haitian code. It gets them through times of thick and thin. It's not 30 year old Hip Hop and it's not 50 year old Kompa....It's roots. Haitian roots.

Richard Morse