29018: Ferdinand (reply) Morse/Durban (fwd)

Anna Ferdinand

I should probably just shut my trap because I haven't been in Haiti for two
years.  But I have been following the situation in the media and find far
more texture in other articles that manage to make it out into the country,
further than the path of least resistance.    My comments were in no way a
reflection on the Oloffson hotel or the music. "The holy grail of truth" is
not found in a hotel.   An individual may stay in a hotel and possess the
desire to discover the truth.  My response concerned the author and the
sweeping indictments and negativity that come from one who came to drink rum
punches and look at art with out doing the leg work that could enlighten the
situation to a greater degree.  There was not a bit of news in his story,
that's all.