29068: Minsky:Re: 29065: Sharp: re 29050: Labrom re 29019 Tourism (fwd)

From: Tequila Minsky <tminsky@ix.netcom.com>

I've met backpacking northern european tourists in Jacmel gripping Lonely Planet.

How did you get here? I inquired.
We were in the DR and Haiti seemed so near that  we thought we should come.

They followed the travel directions in the book, bus from DR to Haiti, local bus from "Kosovo" (downtown "bus station") to Jacmel.

Now that's tourism. True adventure tourism. but not the kind advocated nor promoted EVER at any of the tourism summits.