29105: lyall (comment): Haitian Peacekeepers (fwd)

Lyall says:

My understanding is that peacekeepers, le casque bleu, are paid from the UN peacekeeping budget. Not by the troops home countries.

I have read that the countries are paid directly from the peacekeeping budget then they pay the soldat whatever they are going to pay them. With a surplus going to the country supplying troops.

It is an export industry, in other words.

I could be wrong about this, but clearly recall being interested by this alleged fact.