29119: from Raber Re: 29105: lyall (comment): Haitian Peacekeepers (reply) (fwd)

From: PM Raber <raber88@zoominternet.net>

Yep! That's the rich countries outsourcing "peacekeeping" jobs to poor overpopulated countries. They don't want their children dying for a cause they only pretend to believe in. Those poorer guys need the money and take the job but they are not going to stick their neck out solving other country's business. There is no interest in solving the problem and getting the job done since they would find themselves out of a job on the streets of Bangladesh or the slums or Rio. Haven't you noticed that when they really want something done, the majority of the UN force is made out of so-called first world countries? When the fighting was in the European backyard of the former Yugoslavia, I did not see any Pakistani people on TV. Did anyone? Maybe that's what can be done with all those restless but still salvageable gang members in Haiti. Train them to oursource to the UN and ship them out to Sudan or somewhere. They get to carry guns and make an income. I don't think it would ever solve Sudan's problem but it may help Haiti out a little.