29207: lyall (Comment): Clerie on the Political make up of parliament (fwd)

jedididah daudi lyall writes:

Oh Mesi Philippe for adding this stuff up.
These results are from February though. Wi?
Why is the CEP not interested in releasing the results from the run-offs? Presumably there are deputies sitting in parliament right now who were named winners in the run-offs.

The one Lavalas deputy might dispute your conclusion that the Lespwa and Fusion and OPL, Union Alyans etc are leftists. Fusion of Social Democratic parties, Union of progressives, People in Struggle, these are the names of these groups. Which one has the former Haitian Communist Party in it?

Where are the Duvalierists in this mix? I don't really know except that people say DeRonceray is a Duvalierist.

I am surprised to see Mochrena only got 3 seats. They are the ones that the Organization Populaire burned out after the seizure of the Palace in Dec 2002.

One would think that the office of Parliament itself might publish this information.