29269: lyall (comment) End of the Chimeres - Ghosts of Cite Soleil (fwd)

From: Jd Lyall <postmaster@lyalls.net>

Daudi writes:

Last month we recorded a film from the Independent Film Channel. On cable. It was called "End of the Chimeres". I think. Tally.. Google didn't have it. Yahoo search showed up "end of chimeres" on some entertainment sites. An Azanian website. Sud Afrik.

This looks like it is outtakes from Ghosts of Cite Soleil. Does anyone know of this? i haven't seen "Ghosts", but there is a character named 'billy' who is a gang leader. I never heard of billy. There is a Dreadlocked guy with them who Madam says is Dread Wilme. Dunno.

www.ifc.com reveals nothing from a search there. It only reports upcoming shows I think.

Here is quote from the Pretoria, Azania site:
******
The End of Chimeres - Haiti has long been hailed as the first independent black republic. Fleshing out the international media's outlines of true poverty, some ordinary Haitians question their loyalty to Jean-Bertrand Aristide, who has seemingly deserted them, now living here in SA, while what some see as the blinkers of history are removed to reveal what independence from slavery might have come to mean in a lost land.
******

I am surprized that there has been no mention of this film on the list.